More people than ever before are reading, watching and listening to Guardian journalism from across the world. Over the past year The Guardian achieved record digital traffic with our highest number of regular readers and monthly page views averaging over 1.1 billion.
In 2019 we hit our highest revenues in a decade and achieved the goal we set three years earlier to break even. We’re now on a path to achieve the goal we announced last month of two million people supporting The Guardian by 2022.
That’s where you come in.
We are looking for a People Partner to be responsible for providing direction across the full people agenda and providing full cycle HR support, driving functional excellence, process improvement and stakeholder management.
About the role
- Develop close and trusted working relationships with key stakeholders in designated business areas to optimise the People Agenda and deliver business strategy
- Proactively identify and implement People activity to support business critical activity around the People Agenda
- Work with leadership and senior managers to challenge and influence people management practices and decisions to drive business improvement and achieve results through the delivery of the Business People Plan
- Manage cyclical HR including performance process, annual pay review, employee engagement and gender pay gap action points etc
The People Partner will be a commercial HR professional with a broad generalist skill set and a proactive approach.
- You will have involvement in planning and implementing HR projects to support organisation change
- Strong subject matter expert on all ER issues, best practice and current employment legislation
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to effectively listen, communicate, challenge and influence at all levels
- Experience of partnering and influencing stakeholders to achieve positive business outcome.
Does this all sound like you? Then we’d love to hear from you.
How to apply
To apply, please upload your latest CV and a cover letter which outlines why you are attracted to this role, and why you’re a great match for what we’re looking for.
The closing date for applications is Monday 24th February 2020.
The Guardian offers 26 days’ holiday and a competitive benefits package including a generous pension, healthcare, dental insurance options, cycle to work scheme and 2 paid volunteering days per year.
We have a strong commitment to your learning, development and wellbeing, with hundreds of different courses available - ranging from bite-sized e-learning courses, to on-site workshops and professional certifications.
It’s the talent, energy and commitment our people bring to our business that make us who we are. Across our business we have some of the brightest and best people in media and beyond: award winning journalists, cutting edge commercial teams, industry leading digital talent and much, much more.
We are a vibrant and diverse community with many events groups and forums to get involved in. Our Kings Place offices overlook Regents Canal, with the newly-developed Coal Drops Yard, Granary Square and St Pancras Square shops, restaurants and pop-ups.
We value and respect all differences in all people (seen and unseen) at the Guardian. We aspire to inclusive working experiences and an environment that reflects the audience we serve, where our people have equal access to career development opportunities, their voices are heard and can contribute to our future. The Guardian actively encourages applications from BAME candidates.
At The Guardian, many of our staff work flexibly and we will consider all requests for flexible working arrangements.